Hiring a Birth Injury Lawyer
Birth injuries that can be traced back to medical mistakes during delivery are especially heartbreaking, as the trauma was entirely preventable, had appropriate professional care been given to mother and child. In situations where medical negligence is to blame, the law aims to protect victims and their families, who may be able to recover compensation and hold negligent health care providers accountable for their actions and prevent further injustice.
The birth injury lawyers at Eisbrouch Marsh offer more than 45 years experience litigating medical malpractice lawsuits and have secured dozens of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for the families of injured infants to date. We know delivery room errors are capable of causing a lifetime of emotional and physical suffering for the newborn and the family, and have made it our mission to give them the best chance and quality of life under circumstances they never imagined.
Malpractice may be to blame for your child’s injuries
Determining that malpractice is the cause of a child’s cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injury, brain damage, or other type of birth injury requires the skill and expertise of an attorney with a proven track record of fighting healthcare facilities and caregivers successfully.
Our goal is to help families realize a more hopeful future, relieved of the financial burdens imposed in the pursuit of quality, progressive care.
Our nationally-recognized medical malpractice team understands the catastrophic nature of these cases, and we possess the passion, dedication and knowledge to help families obtain maximum compensation in a birth injury lawsuit.
Legal recourse for birth injuries
Victims of medical negligence, particularly birth injury, may qualify to file a lawsuit based on a variety of injuries.
Our lawyers handle all manner of claims including:
- Uterine rupture and abrupted placenta
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Complications related to fetal distress
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Brain damage
- Cerebral Palsy
- C-section mistakes
- Erb’s Palsy
- Klumpke’s Palsy
What a birth injury lawyer can do for you
A birth injury attorney will review the specific circumstances and facts of your labor and establish whether negligence contributed to your child’s condition.
At Eisbrouch Marsh, we have the resources and skills to:
- Prepare your case: Extensive pre-trial preparations for your claim are frequently time consuming and complex. After using our team of medical specialists to determine legal responsibility, our attorneys will conduct discovery, prepare for depositions and retain expert witnesses to build the strongest case possible.
- Fight insurance companies: Corporations that insure hospitals and medical personnel have notoriously deep pockets, and will stop at no expense to retain the best legal counsel possible. We know that money is tight, and always take on new cases on a contingency basis – meaning we only collect a fee if you win or settle your birth injury lawsuit.
- Negotiate a pre-trial settlement: Many claims involving birth-related injuries settle before they go to trial. Our lawyers are fully prepared to negotiate a settlement, but on the condition that you approve of the terms and final amount. All details of settlement proposals will be thoroughly analyzed to help you decide whether you wish to accept, or prefer to take the case to trial.
- Try your case: If a settlement isn’t reached, our veteran trial attorneys are primed to argue your case before a jury. And since we have a long history of taking on birth injury claims and winning, you can rest assured knowing we’ll work our hardest to establish proof, create strong arguments and convince a jury that medical mistakes during delivery were the contributing factor in your child’s injuries.
Liability in a birth injury claim
The loss of a child or the tragedy of a preventable birth injury is an experience that no family should have to face. With expert legal assistance, you won’t have to bear the financial and emotional burdens alone. Our team of in-house medical specialists will evaluate all delivery room records, including your baby’s APGAR test results, which may offer indications of potential medical negligence. We know that an effective case relies on strong evidence and expert testimony, all of which can reveal that health care providers failed in their duty to monitor the health of the fetus, or swiftly manage complications that may have arisen during labor.
How Eisbrouch Marsh can help
If you believe that medical negligence was the cause of your child’s injury, you may be entitled to significant compensation to help cover medical bills, lost income, loss of earning capacity, and other non-economic damages including physical and mental pain. During this emotionally taxing time, you need an attorney who will fight for your rights and support you through this difficult journey.
Eisbrouch Marsh represents clients throughout the United States in cases involving birth injury malpractice. Please call our law offices today to speak with a birth injury lawyer. Not only is the consultation free, but you pay nothing for our legal services unless we win or settle your claim.
- Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford, Birth injury, http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/newborn/ncomnjry.html
- Mayo Clinic, Cerebral palsy causes, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cerebral-palsy/DS00302/DSECTION=causes
- National Institutes of Health, Birth trauma and brain damage, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3046800